- Alternative desk chair created by leading health & fitness experts to improve overall well-being and provide an active outlet for having to sit for long periods of time
- Featuring the same yoga ball as the exercise guide, this chair helps to boost energy levels and increase productivity with an active body and a focused and engaged mind
- Designed for users 5′ to 5’11” tall and fits most standard-height desks. For a taller chair, add 2 inches with Gaiam’s compatible leg extenders, sold separately. 300-pound weight capacity.
- Color: Black. Includes: removable 52-centimeter exercise ball, an air pump, an adjustable metal support bar, 4 easy-glide casters (2 back wheels lockable) and a desktop exercise guide to stay active
- It may be necessary to re-inflate the ball after initial inflation, allowing the ball’s material to stretch to its final size. Inflate ball with air, let stand for 24 hours, deflate 50% then fill again to 52cm height.
- Note: For optimal performance, the customer must follow the inflation instructions to inflate their ball properly. These instructions are featured as an insert in the packaging, as well as listed multiple times on the product detail page.
Gaiam Classic Balance Ball Chair
This revolutionary desk chair will change the way you sit. Designed with a work-life balance in mind, the Gaiam Balance Ball Chair, created with the help of chiropractic pioneer Dr. Randy Weinzoft, provides the all-day ergonomic support needed while sitting for long duration.
Feel better at your workplace by utilizing this alternative chair solution that encourages wellness and helps to soothe the aches and pains that come from sitting at a desk for extended periods of time. By promoting micro movements and constant stimulation of the body, the mind will experience a heightened sense focus and concentration.
- Designed for users 5-feet to 5-feet, 11-inches tall; 300-pound weight capacity
- For users that may require a little extra boost, the Gaiam Leg Extenders add 2 inches of height to your chair
- Note: For optimal performance, it may be necessary to re-inflate your new Balance Ball once or twice after the initial inflation
Activate Your Sit
Developed under the consultation of chiropractic pioneer Dr. Randy Weinzoff, this chair works to ease any discomfort that comes from sitting at a desk for hours.
Improve Overall Well-Being
Helps to provide relief and promote increased energy, focus, an overall well-being.
Great Alternative to a Traditional Office Desk Chair
The Balance Ball Chair is an effective alternative to a traditional office chair by providing an outlet to sit both intently and comfortably.
Designed for users 5-feet to 5-feet, 11-inches tall; 300 pound weight capacity.
The Balance Ball Chair is an effective tool for strengthening core muscles and improving spinal alignment.
- The of the back of the chair is 2.5 feet tall
- The base measures 20 inches wide from one side of the wheels to the other
- Comes with 2 locking back casters and 2 regular front casters
- Some assembly is required
- Dimensions: 21 by 31 by 22 inches (W x H x D)
- Weight: 13 pounds
- Weight Capacity: 300 pounds
The height of the back of the chair is 2.5 feet tall. The base measures 20 inches wide from one side of the wheels to the other. Some basic assembly required.
For optimal performance, it may be necessary to re-inflate your new Balance Ball once or twice after the initial inflation allowing the ball a day or two to ‘stretch’ to its final size (which should then fit perfectly in the base).
Inflate ball with air, let stand for 24 hours, deflate 50% then fill again to 52cm height.
What’s in the Box?
Gaiam Balance Ball chair, air pump
For optimal performance, it may be necessary to re-inflate your new Balance Ball once or twice after the initial inflation. Once your chair is assembled and the Balance Ball is inflated, re-check the ball size the next day. If necessary, add additional air and check once more the following day. Your new Balance Ball may need a day or two to “stretch” to its final size (which should then fit perfectly in the base).
Gaiam was created as a lifestyle company with the vision that, given a choice, people would choose a lifestyle that is healthy and life-enhancing, for themselves, their families, and the Earth. The Gaiam lifestyle is a vote for individual health as well as the future sustainability of the Earth’s resources. Gaiam strives to provide customers with alternatives to traditional products by offering natural or healthy versions that compare with the style, quality, and price of conventional products.
Reviews of Gaiam Balance Ball Chair
Review 1: For your Health, not for their approval.
Sitting is killing us. Every week that headline is somewhere. This chair is so much more than a punchline on “Portlandia”. I have used it for over a year in my office job and I am an active 39 Year old male. Funny looks? sure. But it’s not for them it’s about my health and lower lumbar strength. For the first few weeks I had a “regular” chair close by, to ease the transition. Now, I wish that I could take my chair with me to client locations.
We slump so easily. I used to “sit” with my chair rolled all the way under the desk leaned back so that my butt and shoulders were the only thing supported. This balance chair forces you to sit up straight and support yourself. It forces you to pop-up out of your seat. It will force you to strengthen your legs, back and shoulders. You will find yourself sitting more upright even when you are not using the chair. Back rests used to be for decoration, not for a handicap.
This chair is not for comfort. It is for you to get better.
Review 2: Helped with back pain
To start I’m 5’11” So I expected this ball chair thing not to work correctly. I was wrong, my legs fit nicely under my desk. I don’t feel like my legs are dangling or hitting the bottom of my desk. I love it. If you like extra firm it needs a refill about ever 2-3 days of heavy use. My lower back feels so much better now that I have switched to this chair. I would, however, invest in a ball cover just because the plastics feels kind of odd and almost sticky? Not pleasant.
Review 3: Dummy, read the instrucions first.
Great product. I would recommend using a foot pump instead of a hand pump unless you are trying to develop your biceps. HINT: Inflate the ball one day as far as you can go, then partially deflate the next and then reinflate it fully to fit into the chair bed. This information is included in the instructions but in very small print. At first I thought that I was sent a ball what was too small for the chair, then ,in desperation, I read the instructions since all else failed. It works, now I have the chair that I wanted and I do like it a lot.