- One size fits all – adjustable belt
- Adjustable increments
- 40-, 50-, 100- , 120-Pound weighted vest to choose from
- Item may ship in more than one box and may arrive separately
- All weights are removable
- One size fits all – adjustable belt
Cap Adjustable Weighted Vest
Add strength training to your cardio workout with the CAP Adjustable Weighted Vest. Once on, the vest helps you gain strength and burn additional calories regardless of your activity, from aerobics to sports.
Just start with just a few weight packets and then add more as you get stronger.
The added weight of these vests create additional resistance during muscle building, body-weight exercises, and heart-pumping cardio activities.
Comfortable and Durable to help you achieve your fitness goals.
- Increases strength and endurance.
- Serves as a tool for variation.
- Huge cardiovascular benefits.
- Musculoskeletal Benefits.
Incorporating a weight vest into your fitness routine, you can quickly accelerate your gains in the following areas.
Strength and Endurance.
Speed And Quickness.
Reviews of CAP Barbell Adjustable Weighted Vest
CAP Barbell Adjustable Weighted Vest Review 1: So far so good. I received this vest a couple weeks ago
So far so good. I received this vest a couple weeks ago. I got the 80 LB model, and the delivery person wasn’t too thrilled about it. I used it over the first weekend I had it to go hiking, (I only had about 40lbs in at the time, and it was a great workout.
None of the weights were in the vest when I received it so I had to put them in myself, and it wasn’t as hard as others made it sound. Quite simply, if you are sliding 2 into the same pocket, just slide them in together. The vest has a strap for the midsection which, even when tightened all the way could still benefit from a second one closer to the chest.
People on the hiking trail figured I was some type of police officer… and a Captain no less, so you always have the benefit for added self esteem there. The vest is quite bulky so under no circumstances could you wear this under anything other than a poncho.
Pros: Is fairly comfortable, has a lot of places for weights, solidly constructed, despite lacking the extra strap it didn’t jostle around too much. Despite having all the extra weight it wasn’t uncomfortable.
Cons: Still would like an extra strap so that it feels like the vest is hugging me. I like hugs. People that see you wearing this may expect you to defuse explosives or break up a riot.
CAP Barbell Adjustable Weighted Vest Review 2: excellent construction, comfortable
Pros: excellent construction, comfortable, weight is well distributed. 5 star product.
Cons: I wish the LISTING gave more info in the following areas:
#1 – I wish I knew which vest design comes with each weight, like a picture chart or something.
Some comments say we all get the same vest but with different amounts of weight bags, that’s not true. I hoped it was, because I wanted to just buy the 40 lb one and slowly add bags until it was 150lb, but now I have to buy a second vest instead. I wish there was a way to select the vest we wanted and then the amount of bags we want or something. I don’t blame the seller since even the cap barbell website doesn’t show the different vest designs. Great product and company, I just wish they had more pictures/info of EACH VEST DESIGN to help me decide.
For those of you wondering, ALL PICTURES in the listing are of the 40 lb model. It has 16 weight slots and comes with 16 bags totaling 40 lbs, with no additional capacity.
#2 – I wish it was more clear in the listing what the weight bags are filled with.
There’s several reasons a person might want to know that. I dug through the comments and never found an answer. They are not sand, they are steel shot. It says so on their website:
“The vest is weight adjustable, with each steel-shot packet weighing approximately 0.75 lb.”
Overall 5/5 product still, will buy a second vest when I outgrow this one.
CAP Barbell Adjustable Weighted Vest Review 3: Wish I had found this earlier in my life.
- It holds 80pounds, now that is a lot of weight when you are walking for 1-2 hours.
- For the 80pound vest, each weight weighs 4 pounds with 10 pouches on each side of body (20 total).
- Strap is very long, I weighed 170 and had extra length.
- You will need some kind of shoulder cushion if you plan to walk as long as I did.
- I never ran with the vest…..why would you run with weights? Of course it’s going to rip, duhh!
- You could walk with as little as 8 pounds with even weight on each side.
- I found it best to keep half the weights in the vest and just lift vest over your head and then fill it up and vice versa.
- I also found it best to walk on level ground, leave the Mount Everest hikes for enjoyment.
- Enjoy your hikes, buy an Ipod, and burn some fat!