14″ Olympic Adapter Sleeve. Converts 1″ standard plate posts to 2″ Olympic posts-14″ long. Heavy-duty nylon with hex bolt lock-down for long lasting performance. Sold individually.
- Barbell sleeve adapter for accommodating Olympic-style weights
- Converts standard 1-inch plate posts to 2-inch Olympic posts
- Hex bolt lockdown provides long-lasting performance
- Heavy-duty nylon construction; measures 14 inches long
- Adapter sleeves are sold individually
Needed a to adapt a Leg curl attachment on my Tuff Stuff setup to accept olympic weight plates. The current length is 9″ on the Leg curl attachment and wanted it about the same length. I purchased the Body Solid 14″ Olympic Adapter Sleeve here on Amazon (shipped from Fitness-Outlet) and the 14″ was surprisingly 28% cheaper than the 8″. This adapter sleeve feels fairly heavy about a pound, it is not cheap plastic. I cannot find any cons to this adapter and here are the pros in my humble opinion:
* Built solid and will not scratch your plates
* Can be cut easily to the length desired. I used a chop saw.
* Very snug/solid fit when tightened down with included machine screw and allen wrench.
* Round tip helps when putting on weight plates
* Looks good
The item is just as it is described. I didn’t have any problems installing it onto my Body Solid leg extension attachment. It is a bit longer than necessary, but I’m not too worried about it. You can cut it to a shorter length if you’d like. I had no problems tightening it down with the allen key. I wouldn’t tighten it as hard as you could, because I could see it breaking since it’s a metal screw in plastic, but it seems to holding up and staying in place just fine after multiple uses. Probably best to keep it installed as well instead of taking it on and off.
I would buy again.