Chalene Johnson‘s PiYo Base Kit
DVD Workout with Exercise Videos + Fitness Tools and Nutrition Guide
- PiYo combines the muscle-sculpting, core-firming benefits of Pilates with the strength and flexibility advantages of yoga
- Piyo cranks up the speed to deliver a true fat-burning, low-impact workout that leaves your body looking long, lean, and incredibly defined
- 10 easy-to-follow workouts on 3 DVDs, Quick Start Guide, Workout Calendar
- BONUS: Get Lean Eating Plan & Tape Measure
Who says you have to jump, grunt, strain and punish your body to get amazing results from your workout? Not with PiYo. PiYo combines the muscle-sculpting, core-firming benefits of Pilates with the strength and flexibility advantages of yoga. And, we crank up the speed to deliver a true fat-burning, low impact workout that leaves your body looking long, lean and incredibly defined.
From the Manufacturer
What is PiYo?
PiYo isn’t like standard Pilates and yoga classes that make you hold long, intense poses, or lead you through dozens of repetitive, microscopic core movements. PiYo speeds everything up—including your results—by introducing you to dynamic, flowing sequences that can burn serious calories at the same time as they lengthen and tone your muscles and increase your flexibility.
With every action-packed PiYo session, you can burn excess fat and sculpt and define your whole body, as you minimize the aches and pains that can come along with high-impact workouts. No matter your age, no matter your body type, PiYo will help give you dramatically visible, incredibly beautiful results.
What’s in the Package?
10 workouts on 3 DVDs, Quick Start Guide, PiYo 60-day workout calendar, Get Lean Eating Plan, and tape measure.
10 Workouts on 3 DVDs
- Align: The Fundamentals This workout breaks down the most important and effective moves in the program to help you perfect your form and get the best results possible.
- Define: Lower Body Get your sleekest and leanest legs ever as you lengthen and strengthen your entire lower body—from your glutes and hamstrings to your calves.
- Define: Upper Body Use this incredibly effective workout to start chiseling away at your upper body to help shape your arms, carve out your triceps, and define sexy shoulders.
- Sweat A traditional PiYo workout that incorporates effective dynamic conditioning, fast-paced cardio yoga-flows, and bodyweight resistance strength training to help sculpt your entire body.
- Core This ab-centric workout hits your powerhouse from every angle to build a strong core, flat, sculpted abs and obliques, as well as a strong and sexy back.
- Strength Intervals Twenty-five minutes is all you need of this nonstop body-carving, calorie-incinerating workout that uses no weights, no equipment, and gives you no bulk.
- Drench This endurance workout maximizes fat burning while it works every muscle in your body. It will not only leave you drenched—it will kick-start your metabolism as you scorch away the fat.
- Sculpt This workout uses varying tempos to keep your muscles under tension for different periods of time. This generates muscular endurance and metabolic changes that will totally transform your figure.
- Buns Focused on the glutes, this workout is designed to lift, redefine, and tighten the entire backside of your body for the perfect tight and round butt.
- TurboFire HIIT 20 Chalene pushes you to the limit with this intense throwback.
- Quick Start Guide Everything you need to know to get started including valuable insider tips to get your best results possible. Plus, discover how each powerful workout is strategically designed to transform your body.
- PiYo 60-Day Workout Calendar Chalene arranged the workouts to make sure you’re progressing each week as you build up your strength, flexibility, and stamina.
- BONUS: Get Lean Eating Plan A simplified approach to clean and lean eating designed to fit your lifestyle and your taste buds. Learn how to eat a variety of delicious, nutritious foods that keep you properly fueled, satiated, and nourished—and help you define your best body.
- BONUS: Tape Measure Track your progress as you melt the fat away faster than you ever imagined.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do you need to be successful with PiYo?
The most important thing you need is you. Just grab a yoga mat, water, and towel and find a space wide enough to take a step in each direction. The PiYo 60-Day Calendar comes with the program and strategically lays out your workout schedule to keep you progressing each week as you build your strength, flexibility, and stamina. The Get Lean Eating Plan gives you a simplified approach to clean and lean eating designed to fit your lifestyle.
How long are the workouts and how many days a week is the program?
The workouts range from 25 to 45 minutes, with the majority clocking in around 30 minutes. PiYo is a 60-day program with workouts scheduled 6 days a week. And, because PiYo involves intense cardio, you can get results significantly faster than with traditional yoga or Pilates.
Do you have to be in great shape to do PiYo?
No, PiYo is for people of all ages, fitness levels, and body types. You don’t even need experience with Pilates or yoga. Chalene will walk you through everything you need to know in Align: The Fundamentals. Plus, there’s a modifier to follow in every workout, so you can focus on form and advance at your own pace.
Reviews of Chalene Johnson’s PiYo Base Kit
Chalene Johnson’s PiYo Base Kit Review 1: Real results, low impact, AWESOMENESS!
I absolutely love PiYo!
My results, I have lost 15lbs and 4 inches off my waist. I am more flexible, feel stronger, look leaner, and have more confidence than ever. A quick background, at the time I purchased PiYo I was 44 years old and had been a runner (had a marathon and a few half marathons under my belt).
I began having knee pain and was really struggling with tight IT bands. I started a new job that was very time intensive (leaving the house at 6:00am and not getting home until 6:00pm or later) and let my running fall to the wayside. I gained weight (a solid 10-12 lbs), couldn’t fit into most of my clothes, wasn’t sleeping well, and was truly not myself. During one of my sleepless nights I saw the infomercial for PiYo and purchased the product through Amazon. I started the program and then found some excuses to quit after about a week.
It wasn’t until I connected with a Beachbody Coach that I really got the motivation to stick with it. Seriously, the coach is free and they have great private challenge groups that connect on Facebook pages that are PRIVATE so you can get support and motivation from others who share your challenges/struggles. Use the coach! My coach never pushed products on me and was truly there as a support system.
The first 2 weeks were a bit challenging for me as I felt very uncoordinated in following the moves and I had no upper body strength as a runner. I would just collapse during the push-ups and thought I would never be able to make it through all of the burpees. But results came quickly, I really watched my nutrition and made some positive changes in my habits along the way (meal planning for the week, packing my lunch and snacks for work, and joining a Beachbody challenge group with my coach).
The results I got were with the first 60 day round. PiYo became part of my morning routine, I get up at 4:30am on weekdays to do PiYo and can’t imagine skipping this part of my day. I ended up purchasing the slides and adding some of the upgraded videos to my collection.
After 90 days of PiYo I thought I would try another BeachBody program to change things up. My coach encouraged me to try Insanity Max 30 for our next challenge group, and after 2 weeks of really committing to Insanity Max 30 I just couldn’t get into it, I love Shaun T, but I went back to PiYo. The first day back on PiYo I was so sore the next day.
This program really works your muscles and without the impact of jumping all over the place. After you learn the proper form and how to focus on the specific muscle groups your muscles will be screaming during these workouts. Sculpt kicks my butt every time, my legs go numb and I am beat! LOVE it!
Don’t let anyone tell you that you don’t get cardio from this program, when I finish a round of PiYo I am dripping in sweat and there are plenty of times I am breathing hard and my heart is pounding from the movement through these poses. I travel for work and the DVD’s come with me, I open my laptop in my hotel room and do PiYo on the road.
I have even done it on a cruise ship out on the sun deck every morning before everyone else was up and moving about. You don’t need any equipment and it doesn’t take much space to do the workout so it is completely portable, a real bonus for me as I hate to miss a single PiYo workout.
Chalene Johnson’s PiYo Base Kit Review 2: The Perfect Workout For Me
I have wanted to try PiYo for a long time but the price was more than I really wanted to pay. So here is a honest review.
Let’s talk pro’s and cons:
I feel like I get a good workout without feeling like I am dying
Workouts are 20-40 minutes long, easy to fit in a busy schedule.
The video is upbeat and fun to workout to. Chelene gives excellent instructions for the times you can’t look at your tv.
The video has three levels of the workouts shown at all times. Easy, Medium, and Advanced, I am in the easy/medium stage but know I won’t “outgrow” the videos as I progress because I can follow the more advanced moves.
A good workout without high impact cardio that kills my joints. -I’m not old, but my joints hurt from dancing for several years so I hate cardio.
I already feel more flexible.
Ads for Shackology. I feel like it is over done. I already paid $$ for the dvd, don’t make me listen to you try to sell me more stuff.
I wish Beachbody would offer streaming etc. instead of only selling the dvd. They do offer a live streaming service but it is a monthly fee and I just want to buy my set, stream it and not pay a monthly subscription. But I get that they can make more money by offering the streaming as a subscription instead of a one time purchase. It just sucks.
Overall – I highly recommend this workout. Worth the money! If you LOVE cardio, this probably isn’t the series for you, but if you are like me and hate cardio than buy this now! This is a great workout for men and women. My husband was impressed with the upper body workout and even did it with me.
I have tried multiple workouts and this is the first one I actually enjoy doing and look forward to doing every day.
I was not paid for this review, and I do not sell Beachbody products, I just really like the product.
Chalene Johnson’s PiYo Base Kit Review 3: If you are new to Yoga and Pilates – this is a GREAT workout to start with
Okay, there seem to only be few reviews here, because these DVDs are so new, so I wanted to add my 2 cents. First – I’m overweight and have never done a yoga or a Pilates class. I bought these because I saw how people say the first few workout is easy and so I thought I can actually make it through a BeachBody workout!!!
Let me tell you – maybe all these fit people, yoga addicts and P90X fanatics feel nothing when they start working it, but little old me, oh man!!! I felt sore from the “intro” session! my non-existent abs where very sore the next day. But not too sore! Which is great – because I was able to continue the next day.
The second work out left me sweating, but very happy because I DID make it through the whole thing without giving up. From here I know it will get harder, but I will also get stronger.
The workout seem to pass very fast – I enjoy Charlene and how she talks, and maybe it will get old in a few weeks, but right now I’m looking forward to my next workout every day!
I have only done a few days, but I wanted to add my review here, since there are so few and I will update my progress when I’m done with the 60 days.
I just have to say that if you are new to Yoga and Pilates – this is a GREAT workout to start. If you have never made it through a BeachBody workout before (I tried a few) this is THE place to start.
Have you bought this item? Rate this product below: