- Fast: You never have to take your hands off the handles to change the weight. Just dock, twist and go!
- Simple: The highly visible weight selection windows clearly show the selected weight
- Compact: Patented design delivers the most compact adjustable dumbbell available
- Safe: Weight changes can only be made when the handle is in the cradle
- Design: Contoured, soft grip handles and Aluminum cradle deliver unmatched quality
The new TwistLock Adjustable Dummbells are the most space efficient and easy-to-use option available today – in fact no other adjustable dumbbell weight can be changed as quickly and easily as the TwistLock dumbbell! With a weight range starting at just 5 lbs, this gives users of all fitness levels the opportunity to execute a wide range of exercises in the comfort of their own home without having to purchase the equivalent number of regular dumbbells.
No knobs to turn, pins to align, or levers to slide – just twist and go! The patented TwistLock cutting-edge technology allows quick and easy weight adjustments with the simple twist of each dumbbell handle.
You never have to take your hands off the dumbbell handles – simply place them into the dumbbell cradle and twist the handle…once the desired weight is shown in the readout window, you are ready to go! For added safety, the TwistLock weight adjust system can only be made when the dumbbell is docked with the beautifully designed cradles (included) that hold the dumbbells.
Nobody wants oversized, bulky, odd shaped dumbbells getting in the way of your training. That is why the StairMaster engineers and designers spent so much time analyzing gym quality, commercial style dumbbells – after all, that’s what you would prefer to workout with in your own home if you had the space and money to buy them.
They made sure the TwistLock design looked like a dumbbell, felt like a dumbbell and delivered results like a dumbbell. Unlike many other adjustable style dumbbells on the market, the perfectly balanced TwistLock dumbbell delivers the same basic sizes as gym style dumbbells as you increase the weight…so whether you are using a 5 lbs or 50 lbs weight, the size of the dumbbell closely resembles the size of the same weight you would use in the gym. The contoured and textured dumbbell handles provide a comfortable and secure grip during your workouts.
Reviews of StairMaster TwistLock Adjustable Dumbbells
Review 1: Just a few things, otherwise really great product
I’ve been using this set for about a year. For the most part, this has been an amazing product which has helped me improve my upper body strength tremendously. There are few things however;
– When you lift the full 50lbs, the weight picks up the cradle to. This is annoying, but the problem mostly goes away once the cradles are mounted to the optional stand. I’d say if you are spending the money on these, you should buy the stand to.
– The dumbbells are physically large. With the optional stand they take up a good size corner of the room. For the money, someone who is well organized could probably store a whole set of dumbbells in a similar space.
– I’ve been using these weights for about a year and have made a lot of improvements. But now I am using the full 50lbs setting on a lot more of my exercises which is the max, and there is nothing more I can do except more and more reps.
Besides that, I think this is an amazing product and I would’ve probably never gotten to the 50lbs limit if I had to keep going to the gym every time. I just hope Stairmaster will invent some kind of attachment that will allow the set to go above 50lbs. before I max out on all my exercises.
Review 2: Amazing Set of Adjustable Weights
Between my Powerblock set and multiple gym memberships I have tons to compare this adjustable set to. These are much easier to use than Powerblock adjustments, you don’t feel as though the weights will come apart if the angle is off. Compared to the standard weight set, these are superior to non-rubberized static weight sets that you would come across.
Overall, for a home gym that requires space saving equipment these are wonderful. The click through to each increment is easy and the quality is apparent. You wouldn’t want to throw them on the ground and growl like you see some meatheads to at the gym, but they are very solid.
Review 3: Best Adjustable Weights!!!
These weights range from 5lbs to 50lbs just by a turn of the handle. Perfect for home fitness; I am very happy with these over the other types. I would 100% recommend these to anyone in a search for a weight set that is easy and quick to use if only needing 5lbs to 50lbs. Also, the handle grip is very comfortable, do not need gloves.