- Total Gym XLS Plus AbCrunch Bench is Total Gym’s top-of-the-line home fitness system and is great for ages 8 to 80 – the entire family can get a full body workout on 1 machine. Works with all fitness levels from beginner to advanced.
- Includes Ab Crunch Bench Attachment, Leg Pull Accessory, Ribbed Squat Stand, Wing Attachment, 5 Workout DVDs, Exercise Chart, Training Deck, and Nutritional/Meal Planning Guide.
- A 400 lb. weight capacity and over 80 exercises to work all of your major muscle groups – cardio, strength training, circuit training and stretching, all on one machine.
- No assembly required, universal home gym folds for easy storage.
- Protected by a 6-month warranty on all parts plus a Lifetime Warranty on the frame.
Want to tone your entire body without buying a space-hogging fitness machine? Turn to the Total Gym XLS Plus AbCrunch Bench, a top-of-the-line device that helps you strengthen and sculpt every major muscle group in your body using a single glide board and a few handy attachments.
The Total Gym XLS Plus AbCrunch Bench works by making you lift a percentage of your body weight against gravity, creating a smooth and fluid resistance. As your strength and conditioning improve, you increase the total resistance by boosting the incline, thus increasing the body weight lifted in the exercise.
The Total Gym XLS Plus AbCrunch Bench not only works your upper body, but also your lower body, abdominals, and even your cardiovascular system. And by reducing body fat and increasing the proportion of lean muscle mass in your body, the strength training effectively turns up the thermostat so that your body burns calories constantly.
The Total Gym XLS offers several upgrades over previous models, helping it set the standard for fitness excellence. The upgrades include a new pulley and cable system, an improved squat stand, and more comfortable padding on the glide board.
The device also comes with several handy accessories that add a new dimension to your workout: leg pull accessory that works your quads, hamstrings, and other muscles; flexible nylon strap handles; and a wing attachment for toning various back and arm muscles. Combined, the accessories and glide board support up to 400 pounds, letting users with a variety of body types work on strength and stability.
Benefits for the individual exerciser:
- Short, efficient, full-body workout producing fast, observable, body-changing results
- Body sculpting – recruits core abdominal and back muscles in every exercise
- Increased strength and endurance
- Improved coordination and balance
- Weight and inch loss, improved BMI
- Increased metabolism
- Enhanced functional performance of daily activities and athleticism
- Cardio-endurance gains during resistance training
- Low impact, safe, complete back support
- Closed-chain partial bodyweight training
- Work in all three planes of motion plus multi-plane (3-D) movement
- Unrestricted range of motion
- Train prime stabilizer muscles of the stomach and back
- Activity-specific training including sports-specific movement
- Explosive plyometric training for upper & lower extremities
- Full body support, joint friendly, non-compressive
- Weight capacity: Rated to 400 lbs. body weight. (181 kg)
- Maximum Load Capacity: 400 lbs. combination total body weight and plate weights
- User Height Limit: 6’ 2”
- Glideboard: 16” x 47”
- Rollers: Sealed precision ball bearings
- Pulleys: Chromed steel pulley case with plastic pulley wheel
- Cables: 1000 lb. vinyl-coated cable
- Handles: Soft synthetic rubber padded handles with ABS swivel handle and nylon webbing for hammer grip action
- Home Use: Lifetime on Frame, 2 Years on Moving Parts.
- NOT warranted for commercial use.
- In Use: W/L/H 19” x 90” x 43” / .48m x 2.29m x 1.09m
- Folded: W/L/H 19” x 51” x 9” / .48m x 1.3m x .23m
- Frame & Rail Construction: Chrome-plated upper rails. Black powder-coated lower rails. 1 1/4” x 2” steel tubing.
- Unit Weight: 82 lbs. / 37 kg.
- Board Upholstery: Non-tear vinyl covering.
- Foam Padding: 1.5” (3 cm)high-density foam.
- Resistance Levels: Six Levels 26 degrees, ranging to 6 degrees and 6% to 54% of body weight.
- Storage Capabilities: Rails fold into ladder & rollers on base to enable easy storage. Fits under most beds.
- Included Equipment: Glideboard, Dynamic Unilateral/Bilateral Pulley System
- Rolling Range: 36.5”
- Guarantee: 60-Day Money Back
Reviews of Total Gym XLS Plus AbCrunch Bench
Review 1: Total Gym XLS Plus AbCrunch Bench Does What I Hoped And More!
I had seen the infomercial on TV a time or two before but a couple of weeks ago, I was watching it in earnest. Not sure why that day was different but I was a little mesmerized. I noticed that it seemed to work parts of the body that I wanted to work.
As I watched, I had that feeling…”what’s not to like?” Well the price was steep so that was one thing not to like. Even with the payment plan and offer to return if not satisfied, I could envision disappointment and expense to return if it was not as exciting as it seemed on TV.
I started researching on the web and found reviews stacked toward the positive side. I watched videos about the Total Gym XLS Plus AbCrunch Bench on YouTube and got more excited about it.
Yes, I did read the couple reviews about disappointment in quality. I also read that the vast majority of people were quite happy with the quality. The ratio of positive to negative reviews led me to believe that a few had done something wrong or in fact got one of the small percentage of slightly defective units, but most seemed very happy with the unit.
The price was still making me think twice but one day when I checked here on Amazon, the price was down quite a bit! I pulled the trigger. (The price seems to vary quite a bit, so shop carefully and pull the trigger when you like the price!)
Delivery and Assembly
Delivery is by truck and the shipping company was fantastic. They allowed me to schedule an appointment by phone or via the web. The driver arrived minutes into the delivery window I had requested, and even called ahead to tell me he was on the way. In fact, he even helped me lug it into the living room. I probably could have got him to help me with it upstairs but I didn’t want to push my luck.
It’s a heavy thing but was packed just right. Unpacking was easy, and I was able to lug it upstairs on my own. Some people will definitely need help moving it though. Like I said, it’s heavy.
Assembly was very easy, and even taking my time, I had it operational within 10 minutes. I popped in the DVD and skipped to some of the exercises right away. I kind of over did it that first day, but who wouldn’t?
Using Total Gym XLS Plus AbCrunch Bench
The Total Gym XLS Plus AbCrunch Bench is smooth and seems to be very well built. I was (and still am) pretty excited about it. One reviewer had trouble with the pulleys after about six months. I’ll let you know if I do (I’m about the same height and weight as he is) but in the early going, I can’t imagine that I will have trouble.
This thing seems to be built really well. Do heed the safety warnings. It’s built to be safe but if you ignore the warnings, you could really hurt yourself. I suppose this is true of just about any gym equipment. Just think and be safe, and you will be plenty fine.
It came with several accessories, but I’ve only tried one so far. I’ll get to the others eventually. For now, I’m concentrating on the 6-8 minute work out program that comes with it. That doesn’t sound like much but a week or so into it, I am already feeling results. Muscles are tightening and shaping just a little bit.
The program exercises different parts of the body every day, and calls for only about 8 reps per exercise. That’s a good starting point no doubt. I am doing 15 reps and will build from there. Each person is different. I also walk about 1.5 to 2 miles a day for aerobics. Hey, if you are in better shape than I am, you can start at a more advanced level and be quite happy.
One thing I did not count on with this product is the extensive work out suggestions. The 6-8 minute work out is great for me, but the Gym comes with many dozens of cards with different work outs. Each card tells how to do the exercise, what part of the body it works out, some coaching tips, and many cards tell how to amp up the work out a bit.
The cards are even grouped by body part that they work. There is also a chart with many exercises and of course, the DVD. So you are not on your own with this thing. There is lots of help provided.
Setting the glide bar at different heights definitely allows you to fine tune your work out from beginner to advanced. I am looking forward to raising my height setting over time!
As you can tell, I am pretty happy with my purchase! If you are contemplating buying one, watch the infomercial and know that it’s not baloney. It works as they say.
It’s nicely built and seems like it will last a long time. You won’t be overwhelmed or underwhelmed. I am pretty sure of that. I will check back in a few months from now and let you know if I am still as happy with it as I am today. I bet that I will be.
Review 2: Total Gym XLS Plus AbCrunch Bench Is The Best Investment
I’ve done a lot of research and decided to purchase this Total Gym XLS Plus AbCrunch Bench. This was the best deal (price and equipment) that I had seen and I did plenty of research. This is truly a total body workout and it’s so simple and effortless.
I always keep mine set up because I discovered I’m more likely to workout daily when it’s there staring me in the face and I can’t talk myself out of it. Not everyone has the space to leave I unfolded and others might like the fact that it can be folded and stored but for me “out of sight, out of mind” never helps my fitness routine.
I love the ease of use and the amount of exercises that can be done are endless. It may be a big upfront cost but it’s totally worth it. Just consider the cost of gym memberships coupled with getting to the gym, the cost piles up and in no time that money could be put towards this machine where you can work out in the convenience of your home 24/7 whenever it fits your schedule
Review 3: Total Gym XLS Plus AbCrunch Bench is Fun, Effective, and Simple
The Total Gym XLS Plus AbCrunch Bench works great. I really enjoy it. After using it a few times, I can’t see where it would be prone to wear out. It’s a simple machine that looks like it would work forever with only the most basic of maintenance needed after much use. Everyone who gets on it thinks it’s a blast to use.
It comes with these great workout cards. Each card explains a different exercise. Then there are essentially workout menus based on what you want to accomplish, and you collect the cards for each workout routine and can go by those. They are really helpful. But you can also just get on it and make it up as you go along. It’s easy enough to use.