- Wirelessly uploads in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Health Mate app to visualize weight trends
- Multi-user support with automatic recognition
- Easy set up from iOS app, one tap Wi-Fi configuration sharing
Effortless weight tracking for everyone.
Your weight. Your BMI. Instantly. Withings Wireless Scale WS-30
• Essential data – Measures your weight and Body Mass Index (ratio between your weight and ).
• Precise accuracy – Withings Position Control, a patented technology, warns you if you are leaning too much.
Track trends and take care of yourself. Withings Wireless Scale WS-30
• Set your goals. Realize your ambitions – The free Withings Health Mate app displays your data into graphs. Use it as your own coach.
• Compatible with your favorite app – You can share your data with more than 100 health and fitness apps (Runkeeper, MyFitnessPal, Endomondo, LoseIt!).
Set up in seconds. See the benefits for life.
• Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity – Automatic upload on your Health Mate iOS app after each weigh-in (Android app – black version only).
• PC Free setup – Wireless Scale paired using Bluetooth and sharing connectivity in one tap.
• Battery life – Don’t worry about the small stuff, focus on your fitness and health. The scale lasts 1 year on 4 AAA batteries.
One scale. One family.
• Automatic recognition – The Wireless scale recognizes up to eight people.
• Sharing options – Choose to keep your readings private, send them to your doctor via email, or share your results via social media (Facebook and Twitter).
Specifications of Withings Wireless Scale WS-30
- Four weight sensors
- Weighing range: 5 -> 180 kg (9 -> 396 lb)
- 100g (0.2 lb) graduation
- Units: kg, lb, st lb
- Large graphical display (2.4″ x 1.6″)
- 128×64 pixels with white, high-contrast backlighting
Battery Life and Memory
- Average battery lifetime of 1 year
- Stores up to 116 readings if scale can’t sync wirelessly
- Withings Health Mate app for iOS
- 100+ compatibles apps and services
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, WEP/WPA/WPA2-personal security compatible
- Bluetooth connectivity (Bluetooth Smart Ready) compatible with iOS devices
- iPhone (3GS or later), iPad (all versions), or iPod touch (3rd generation or later), with iOS 5.0 or later and Internet access (mobile data or Wi-Fi)
- Wi-Fi Home Network (optional)
What’s in the box
- Withings Wireless Scale
- Carpet feet for high-accuracy on carpet or rug
- Quick installation guide
- 4x AAA Alkaline included
Withings Smart Scale Range
Wireless Scale WS-30
Smart Body Analyzer
|Weight and BMI with Position Control|
|Indoor Air quality|
|Syncs wirelessly||In Wi-Fi and Bluetooth (Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n)||In Wi-Fi and Bluetooth (Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n)|
|Multi-user support and recognition|
|Free Health Mate app|
|Withings Health Cloud (60+ compatible apps)|
|Android Compatibility||Black version only|
I’d been contemplating purchasing a wi-fi enabled scale for quite some time, having decided to get on a serious weight-loss routine. Up until purchase time, I’d settled on the Fitbit Aria scale…but I’m one of those people who likes to meticulously research purchases, and at the last minute I read that that a lot of the Fitbit scale’s integration with web services rely on the use of a Fitbit Tracker. Since I use the Sleep Cycle Alarm Clock app for iOS for sleep tracking and use Wahoo’s sensors & app for workout tracking, I’ve never really felt the need to invest in a Fitbit Tracker. Since going with a Withings scale would mean being able to have my scale link to my RunKeeper account without having to invest in $100 sensor, I gave up on the Aria and saved about $30 in the process – they’re being sold at $99 instead of the the $129 list price, so I’m guessing it’s a holiday promo sale price.
Setup was quick & easy, and was great to be able to complete in under 5 minutes using only my phone. The only thing I wasn’t crazy about were these round plastic knobs that attach to the feet of the scale. They come with little circular 3M stick pads that you peel off and jam on the underside of the scale There’s no instructions denoting whether or not they NEED to be used, and feel cheap and out of place.
In the few days I’ve had it, this thing has already been a great motivational tool. I’ve never really trusted the measurements I got from the mechanical scales at the gym. When you step on the Withings scale, the display shows little tiny arrows to help you place yourself properly and get an accurate measurement. Now I can accurately weigh myself at my convenience, and have that data pushed to RunKeeper and MyFitnessPal.
At a $100 price point, there’s no reason not to give this thing a try, especially if you’re serious about tracking & meeting health goals.