- Ergonomically designed for use with both Bowflex SelectTech 552 and 1090 dumbbells
- Eliminates the need to bend down to pick up weights
- Built in towel rack
Bowflex SelectTech Dumbbell Stand Description
Easily assembled and sleekly designed, the Bowflex SelectTech Dumbbell Stand 2 in 1 Stand is ergonomically engineered for use with both Bowflex SelectTech 1090 and 552 dumbbells, this stand eliminates the need to bend down to pick up weights, so you can work on your back, not hurt it! This stand also features a built-in rack for hanging towels. Tools and hardware are included for assembly.
Bowflex has been changing the shape of fitness for over 20 years. Most everyone is familiar with the legendary Bowflex resistance training system, but the company also makes a consistently strong line of other fitness products. Fueled by innovation and improvement, Bowflex is committed to being on the cutting edge of strength and cardio training. For use with both Bowflex SelectTech 1090 and 552 dumbbells. Durable metal construction. Eliminates the need to bend down to pick up weights. Built-in rack for hanging towels. Simplified assembly with included tools and hardware. 19.9L x 26.2W x 22.8H inches.
Amazon Description of Bowflex SelectTech Dumbbell Stand
Reviews of Bowflex SelectTech Dumbbell Stand
Bowflex SelectTech Dumbbell Stand Review 1: Nice looking, it’s a stand. (see review for straps, cheaper alternatives, etc)
I own a pair of selecttech and was using the box that one of them came in (with the Styrofoam still in it obviously) to rest the pair on so I wouldn’t have to spend the money on this. This worked fine for months but overall I just wanted a cleaner look and bought it. No regrets.
I thought I’d point out that someone on the review mentioned the straps were too short or whatever so I bought the replacement straps they recommended. I ran into some issues with that (probably my own fault) and went back to the original straps. Don’t know why I wasted the money, the only scenario I think that would require the replacements would be if you put casters on the stand and were moving it around constantly but as I haven’t done that I’m skeptical its even necessary.
Bowflex SelectTech Dumbbell Stand Review 2: Great stand
Easy to build and very attractive!
I like my selectech dumbells, and I personally see no reason why they wouldn’t include this stand with the dumbbells. The stand is pretty critical as you can’t just drop the weights without breaking them.
Assembly was pretty straightforward. The straps work fine to hold down the plastic bases that unused weights stay in, and the stand doesn’t really move at all. The thing just looks cool sitting in my living room next to my rowing machine, and I want to do a few curls every time I walk by them.
If you have the weights (and I recommend them too… they save space and look cool), there is really no reason to not get the stand. If the stand busts the budget, I recommend getting a different system entirely.
Bowflex SelectTech Dumbbell Stand Review 3: High quality stand
I didn’t want to pay this much for a stand but there was a temporary price drop and I went for it.
* It is heavier and better built than I was originally expecting.
* They packed almost every piece in some type of wrapper which good for protection but it takes awhile to unpack everything.
* Assembly probably took me about 45 minutes to an hour… the included tools were a bit hard on the hands given the amount of force required to tighten everything up, so if you have your own tools that will work then you may want to use them instead.
* I put some pieces together the wrong way… pay close attention to the diagrams and the labels shown in the assembly diagrams to make sure you don’t assembly something incorrectly and then have to go back and redo it.
* As others have said, there are no wheels on this stand.
* It’s nice not to have the weights on the floor anymore so I would recommend this stand, especially if you can grab it for less than $100 or so.
Overall, 4.5 stars so I’m rounding up to 5. It’s expensive, but once you see and feel the quality you’ll know why it’s expensive.