The Withings Home is an elegant HD camera with environmental sensors to help you stay connected with your loved ones while making your home a healthier, safer place. Unlimited access to your home from anywhere with the free iOS App.
Security is a beautiful thing
Go beyond the camera with an all-in-one home monitoring solution that keeps you connected to those you love and alerts you to seen and unseen hazards.
Access your home from anywhere, day and night, with the free Home iOS and Android app. Automatic and regular updates add new features and improvements to the product
Connect live in HD to your home anywhere, day and night
– Live secure streaming
– High quality night vision with infrared mechanical filter.
– High definition CMOS sensor (5 Megapixels)
– No frames dropped thanks to the latest technology reducing latency.
– 12x zoom with auto-enhancing
– 135 degree wide angle
– Crystal clear two-way communication through embedded microphones and 2W speaker.
Track all memorable events
– Home Diary displayed as a timeline of events.
– 5-second animated sequences are recorded and added to the Home Diary each time an event is detected.
– Watch up to 2 days of events through animated sequences and timelapses, included.
-Optional Cloud Video Recording will automatically save up to 30 days of continuous footage and let you review them from your device at any time.
Protect your family and belongings 24×7
– Noise detection
– Motion detection
– Air quality alerts
– Ability to fine-tune alert thresholds
-Baby Monitor mode with soothing sound, light and recorded lullabies.
Monitor air quality
– Indoor air pollution is often up to 10x higher than outdoor pollution.
– Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) are one of the main sources.
– To assess air quality, Home tracks the presence of these Volatile Organic Compounds.
– If VOCs reach unhealthy levels, Home sends you a notification and will display a red warning light (if feature is activated).
What’s In The Box?
– Withings Home HD security camera
– Magnetic base to change the orientation of the device
– Power cord with international adapters
- Product dimensions: 3.43 x 3.95 x 2.95 inches
- Weight: 0.498 pounds (226g)
- Power: 5V 2A Micro-USB power supply unit
- Video: H.264 encoding, up to 1080p at 30 frames per second
- Field of view: 135°
- Audio: speaker and microphones
- Night vision: infrared mechanical lens for higher quality night video
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
- Wi-Fi connectivity MIMO 2.4Ghz
- Ethernet 10/100 MB/s
Looks greats, packaging is superb. But there are a few flaws at the moment. I will focus on the things that needs improving first.
No way to adjust motion or sound sensitivity, this is a huge minus as it’s either being flooded with notifications of noise and motion (even when the room is empty as it’s super sensitive) or no notifications because you turned it off.
Video stored is just simple photo time-lapses in low resolution. No 5 seconds proper video with sounds to see what is going on.
I question the whole 1080P claim, as it looks less than 720P to me, even on local wifi it’s all pixelated and blurry. Needs better picture/video quality.
Needs ability to adjust sound for speaking. Right now the sound for lullaby is LOUD, while talking through it is very low. Should be adjustable or at least opposite. You want lullaby low, and voice loud for calming effect when crying.
No multicast support, which means you can’t have two iphones looking the same feed.
No integration with HealthMate or www.withings.com as of yet, it’s all Withings Home app.
Infrared turning on “privacy mode” if there are reflections in the room. So make sure you move it far away from babycrib otherwise it will have issues with night-vision, and show you “Privacy mode on” and no picture/sound.
Bugs on iPhone and iPad apps, like time-lapse function does not save on iPad app.
These are issues I am suffering due to being early adaptor, much like with Withings Aura. But Withings are awesome, they are nailing bugs and issues, and I am sure most if not all of these issues will be resolved with time. I’ll update this review in a few months to see what has been improved.