Wheel of Fortune (4/30/14) | Rare LFAT
Serious Steel Assisted Pull-Up Band, Resistance & Stretch Band | Powerlifting Bands | Top Rated and Most Durable Pull-Up Assist Bands! *Pull-up and Band Starter e-Guide INCLUDED* (Single unit) 41″L
Thank you for viewing Serious Steel Resistance Bands. Each purchase is for a single band. Please use our information and images above to select the best band for your fitness and exercise needs. Bands are 100% Natural Latex and are over 99.9% free of soluble proteins (latex allergens). If you have a sensitivity to latex, purchase and use this product with caution. Still not sure which band is best for you? Email us at Serious Steel Fitness and we will do our best to help you select the right size. Using bands for PULL-UPS? These bands are going to give you that extra amount of assistance to get you started completing pull-ups or will help you get that extra repetition you have been looking for. Using bands for RESISTANCE TRAINING? Serious Steel bands are easy to take anywhere for a workout anytime.With six different resistance levels, you are sure to find the ideal band for your exercise needs. Bands help stimulate and optimize your muscles with eccentric and concentric tension that is always changing.The kinetic energy generated using bands helps stimulate and strengthen the stabilizing muscles that are necessary for healthy joint function.Give the bands a try.If you are not happy with the product,don’t worry.We offer a 90 DAY RETURN POLICY! Buy with confidence!
- Sale is for a SINGLE BAND. Please choose from our six different resistance/tension levels. To help you select the best band for your application, we have included a tension guide and pull-up guide in the images to the left. We have also included a quick sampling of exercises that can be performed using Serious Steel Bands!
- MULTIPLE BANDS: Do you think you need a #4 band, but concerned it may be too much tension? You can purchase multiple smaller bands to equal the tension of heavier bands. Try the #2 & #3 instead of the #5 or try the #3 & #1 instead of the #4 band. Combining multiple sizes gives you more levels of tension because you can use them individually or you can use them at the same time.
- FREE Pull-up and Band Starter e-Guide with every band purchase!! Pull-up and Starter e-Guide are emailed after shipment. If you do not receive the email, let us know and we will make sure to get another copy over ASAP!
- YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING OUR #4 (GREEN) Average BAND. This band measures 1 3/4″ and has a tension rating of 50-120 lbs. The #4 band is our most popular band and is perfect for stretching. These bands offer a heavy tension and can be used with your barbell for bench press, squats or deadlifts. It is a great band to take “on-the-go” if you can’t make it to the gym. Make sure to be caution with your first couple of uses as the kinetic energy created by this band tension can be difficult to control.
- PULL-UPS: Serious Steel Bands are a perfect tool to help you with your pull ups, dips or muscle-ups. Take a quick look at the Pull-Up Guide image to your left to get an idea of the best band for you. Choose a band based on your bodyweight and the current number of unassisted repetitions you can complete. One important thing to remember about using bands for pull-up assistance is that you can secure the band under your feet or under your knee. Stretching the band to different lengths gives you different levels of assistance with the same band. Utilizing different tensions levels will help you reach your goals faster!
I’ve only had this product for a few days, so this review is based on my use during this time.
I came across this product on Amazon after I did a search for Sorinex, as those were the bands recommended by Bret Contreras—the “Glute Guy” and foremost expert on glute training. I had never heard of Serious Steel Fitness, but the reviews were great and the product seemed like it was quality made, which is extremely important because I could only begin to think of the types of injuries caused by an inferior resistance band. Upon removing it from the plastic packaging, I felt I had made the right decision in my purchase. The band is thick and solid and the seam appears glued together very well.
I am a big fan and follower of Bret Contreras. He provides solid, scientifically tested exercises for building your glutes. One of his signature moves is the Hip Thrust, either with bodyweight, barbells or bands. As I progressed passed bodyweight hip thrusts I started to use barbells, but I was having a difficult time engaging my glutes using this method. So I decided to experiment with bands, and I was really surprised at much harder my glutes were working doing it this way. At the same time, I also started having issues with deadlifts. I realized that I was not using the correct form and actually ended up getting some bulging discs. I did some research online and saw that resistance bands were a good alternative for barbell deadlifts (of course I’m limited in how much load I can get using a band, but for me at my level of fitness right now, this is a good solution.)
I don’t have a gym membership and have only a few pieces of equipment in my home office. For my hip thrusts and deadlifts I take the Green #4 Serious Steel Fitness band and anchor either end onto a weighted barbell (photo attached). Also in the photo is how I use the band for hip thrusts—that is, I put my shoulders on the bench, get my body between the band and the barbell, place my feet flat on the floor and keep my legs perpendicular to the ground. **I need to say that this may not be the safest method, as my butt is directly over the bar (there shouldn’t be anything under your butt/back)**, but I am still able to bring my butt down low enough in order to get a good thrust at top, and have not hurt my back or butt yet. For more info on how to do a proper hip thrust I would Google ‘Bret Contreras band hip thrust’. For deadlifts, I simply take the proper stance and grab onto the band pulling upward for resistance while squeezing my glutes.
What’s great about bands is that you can combine them for varying amounts of weighted resistance. I have lighter bands from another manufacturer, but this Green #4 SSF band offers a great level of resistance, and combined with my lighter bands allows me to go much heavier. Once I feel that I’ve progressed even further, I will definitely come back and purchase their black #5 band.