- Touch and telemetry heart rate monitoring
- Ergonomic moving handlebars let you tone and condition your entire body
- Cross-ramp Technology lets you target specific muscles or all major lower-body muscle groups by adjusting the cross-ramp angle
- The patented low-impact EFX motion is smooth and natural, making your workouts more comfortable
- Patented motion allows heels to remain in contact with foot pedals, reducing muscle, tendon stress
- Reversible pedal rotation
- Accessories holder
- Integrated transport wheels
- 20 resistance levels
- Dimensions: 80 by 32 by 68 inches (L x W x H); weighs 412 pounds
The EFX 835 is the exact Elliptical Fitness Crosstrainer used in health clubs worldwide, self powered, with CrossRamp angles from 13 to 40 degrees, moving handlebars, 15 preset programs, 20 resistance levels, touch and telemetry heart rate monitoring with Smart Rate and advanced metrics tracking. Heart rate chest strap transmitter not included.
The Elliptical Fitness Crosstrainer provides smooth, natural, low-impact workouts that help you get results. The commercial EFX 835 features CrossRamp technology, moving handlebars and the same programs and features, in the convenience of your home.
The commercial EFX 835 features CrossRamp technology, moving handlebars and the same programs and features
With Precor patented adjustable and automatic CrossRamp technology, you can alter the height of the elliptical path your foot travels. Called Variable Stride Geometry allows you to focus on a specific muscle group or all major lower-body muscle groups.
- Ramp Angle: 13-40 degrees
- Ramp Material: Precision extruded, anodized aluminum
The patented low-impact EFX motion is smooth and natural, providing the lowest Rate of Perceived Exertion of any cardio exercise system to make your workouts more comfortable, even though you are working out strenuously. The patented motion allows your heels to remain in contact with foot pedals, reducing muscle, and tendon stress.
- Console Type: Streamlined/advanced LED display
- Tap Control: No
- QuickStart: Yes
|Console Type: Streamlined/advanced LED display|
- Numeric Keypad: Yes
- Options Key: The options key allows you to set additional metrics such as target heart rate to help you get a more effective workout.
- Console Language(s): Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- Units Selection: Metric or U.S. standard
- Preset Programs: Manual, interval, cross-country, gluteal, custom, hill climb, fitness test, cross training, Navy fitness test, basic HRC, weight loss
- Readouts: Resistance level, CrossRamp angle, distance, strides per minute, total strides, calories, heart rate, time remaining, time elapsed, time in zone, segment time remaining, average speed, calories per minute, calories per hour, watts, METS, target HR, average HR, % complete, workout profile, workout summary
Heart Rate Monitoring
- Touch: Yes
- Telemetry: Yes
- SmartRate: Yes
- Chest Strap Transmitter: Works with any Polar compatible 5 KHz chest strap transmitter
- Chest Strap Transmitter Included: No
- Step-up Height (footplate at lowest position): 8 inches
- Step-up Height (footplate at highest position): 21.5 inches
- Foot Pedal Dimensions: 14.5 by 6.5 inches
- Equipment Dimensions: 80 by 32 by 58 inches (L x W x H)
- Equipment Weight: 338 pounds
- Shipping Dimensions: 85 by 32 by 44 inches (L x W x H)
- Shipping Weight: 418 pounds
- Power Requirements: Self-Powered
- Power Supply: An optional electrical power supply is available if your EFX use will be light. The internal generator must be used enough to keep the console battery powered. To find out more about the optional power source, contact Precor Customer Service. Installation of the optional power supply will require a Precor authorized service technician.
When Precor commercial series equipment is purchased for home use, our home equipment warranty applies.
- Frame and Welds: Lifetime
- Parts (mechanical & electronic): 10 years
- Wear Items: 10 years
- Labor: 1 year
Reviews of EFX 835 Elliptical Fitness Crosstrainer by Precor
Review 1: Great Eliptical
Owned a Precor 546 for years and when I finally decided to upgrade it purchased a True ES900 because my wife liked the small footprint. Unfortunately, the True caused my feet to go numb after about 30 minutes so I returned the True and got the Precor EFX 835. What a great machine.
Some of the reviews have indicated that this eliptical is noisy. I have not noticed the noise to be excessive at all. The level of noise is less than the Precor 546 which I had and less than the True ES900.
The machine operates very smoothly and the display is logical and easy to use.
This is an amazing eliptical. The only drawback is the price.
Review 2: My new favorite elliptical
At the gym I noticed these machines were always already taken, but it wasn’t until I got the chance to use one that I finally understood why people like them so much. I’ll lay out the important points in handy list format…
- Movement is just as “smooth and natural” as the description indicates
- Console has a diagram showing you which muscles you’re working based on the incline of the ramp (not sure how accurate this is, but it’s still neat)
- Perfect support and stability
- Moving handlebars allow you to work your triceps, biceps, and chest as well as your lower body
- Ability to set different types of goals (calories, time, heartrate)
- Gives you a great workout without putting strain on your joints
- “Calories burned” calculator seems more accurate than other machines’
- Buttons are laid out well and the display is easy to read
-Way too expensive for most home users
-Both of the ones I’ve used have been a little squeaky
All in all this is an AWESOME elliptical and if you have the money to spend you won’t regret buying this!
Review 3: The Cadillac of Elliptical trainers
Overall, I am extremely satisfied with this purchase. If there is a local Precor dealer I would strongly recommend visiting them for the following reasons:
- You can try out the equipment before you purchase
- Their pricing is significantly less then on-line pricing
- Always good to support local business.
I originally purchased the EFX 5.37, which is Precor’s top of the line unit for home use.
Relative to the EFX 5.37 the EFX 835 has the following advantages:
- Smoother and more natural feel in the drive mechanism
- The track uses a two wheel design instead of a one wheel design which is quieter and more robust
- Overall, the build quality is superior
- The unit is self-powered so one does not need an electrical outlet
- Has a graphics that display which muscle groups are being used as a function of incline angle.
However there are some potential disadvantages:
- The drive mechanism (because it is self-powered) generates a bit more noise than the EFX 5.37. IMO one gets used to the background noise after a few days and then you no longer notice. The smoothness of the mechanism more than compensates for this issue.
- There are no multiple users that one can select. Personally, this is not really a concern for me.
- The unit does not display distance climbed; I actually really like this feature on the 5.37 too bad Precor does not include it on the 835.
I use an elliptical trainer 5 days a week routinely for cardiovascular fitness / muscle strengthening. If you are only going to use one occasionally the EFX 835 is overkill.