Because all of our bumper plates are the same diameter, 10lb and 15lb plates are thin, and prone to bending or to be broken. The rubber used to make them is not like a stiff plastic. 260lb rubber bumper plates should be used like sandwich type, put 10lb and 15lb plates in the middle so as the thin plates can be protected. If you use a 10lb or 15lb plate alone, you have to use a 15lb training bar instead of 45lb Olympic bar as thin plates capacity is 15lb only. Ship out 2-7 days.
- 5 pair BLACK bumper plate set (logo may vary)
- Set includes a pair of each: 10, 15, 25, 35, 45 lbs
- Total weight of the plates is 260lbs
- Bumper plate rack offers easy storage
- NO shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, and APO/FPO addresses or PO Boxes
Reviews of Rubber Bumper Plate Black 5 Pair Set with Ader Plate Rack
Review 1: Great
I ordered this as a foundation of my home gym. The seller contacted me by email and said the product I ordered was out, but they had an alternate set that basically was the same, but did not have the weight number painted on the side. That was fine with me.
The next day, I realized these would be shipped to the wrong address because of my own fault, or possibly Amazon’s, so I emailed the seller, who worked with me easily to handle the problem. I then got my weights the very next day!!!
Service was impeccable, and the seller followed up on the delivery every step of the way. I put the rack together in about 45 minutes, and it would have been way faster had I had a wrench or a power socket tool. When it was done, it seemed to wobble a bit, but once the weights were on, it was solid as could be.
The weights fit the bar I ordered perfectly, and I was in business immediately. Now, they are a bit greasy and smell straight out of the package, but it is not overpowering in my garage where my home gym now is, and I intend to wash them up this weekend with some grease cutting dish soap and water, and I expect no problem. These are solid, and I expect them to last a long time.
Review 2: Nice package deal…a couple of small points.
Solid item. I purchased these to utilize in my small garage “gym” that I’m still in the process of completing. I needed some olympic weights…and this was the best deal I could find through Amazon. The included rack was the clincher, as it allows me to have some serious weights available while still maintaining a small footprint.
The package arrived through a shipping company that wheeled everything (pallet and all!) into my garage. Completely painless. The rack comes in one box, with the weights in separate boxes with the 10s/15s two per box…and the heavier weights one per box. The rack comes unassembled, which requires a single crescent wrench and *maybe* 15 minutes.
A couple of things to note:
- The weights are black. Some of the pics on the product page show the standard color-coded weights (45lb=red, for example). Those pics are apparently just to display the rack. These weights are black, as depicted in some of the other pics.
- My 10lb weights were apparently right off the “assembly line”. They were so new, in fact, that the paint/coating wasn’t completely dry. It smeared a little bit on my hands and shirt.
- And yes, as another reviewer mentioned, these do have a definite smell to them. Primarily, I suspect, because they are painted shortly before shipment. Over the past 3 days since I got them, the 10lb weights have mostly dried and the smell has subsided.
Overall, a great deal. I suspect they’ll serve me well for years to come.
Review 3: Olympic Bumper Plates
Great equipment for use in my home gym. A bit expensive with the price of the weights with shipping. The weights were shipped in time though and the company was very accommodating. The rack that comes with the weights is very sturdy and definitely helps with storage. Overall I’m happy with the product.